Wednesday, January 1, 2014

better

It has been a little more difficult than I had thought it would be to pick a word for 2014. Last year's came rather easily, but this year's...not so much. I have been thinking about it for a while. I talked it over with my husband and explained how no matter what word I came up with, it all boiled back down to faith. He agreed. So he didn't help too much.

Then yesterday, after I wrote my post wrapping up 2013's word, it came to me. Better. I want to do better in 2014. I struggle with wanting to do everything perfectly (and therefore not trying if I know I can't get it done right!) when all I really have to do is the best I can. So, my goal is to do better this year. Be a better wife, a better mom, a better friend, daughter, Christian, person. I don't have to be perfect. I can't be. But I can be better than I am right now.

2 comments:

vickit43 said...

Love the new word "Better" I wish you the best year possible. May 2014 bring you and your family everything you need!

Love you, Vicki

Lauren said...

I love it! I am thinking of my own word (or two for this year!) thanks for the inspiration!
XO, Lauren